Envitia is a geospatial software and solutions provider, serving defense, government, and industry customers all around the world. Our mission is to help our clients make better operational decisions from actionable geospatial intelligence, using open information-sharing and visualization solutions. We specialize in serving customers working in mission- and time-critical domains, delivering products, sub-systems, and end-to-end geospatial solutions.
Established in 1989, Envitia is a privately owned, small- to medium-sized business (SMB) and is registered as a small business entity in the US market. We have offices in the UK and USA. Our technical leadership in high-performance geospatial technology, in-depth domain expertise, and reputation for first-class customer support mean Envitia stands out from the crowd.
Envitia’s solutions are underpinned by a suite of geospatial products which are easily configured for agile development and deployment. We follow an open systems approach which embraces open ICT and geospatial open standards. We also complement Envitia’s commercial technology with open source GIS software, such as GeoServer and QGIS, where this delivers better value for our customers. We also provide technical consultancy and research in the application of advanced geospatial technology and work to develop industry standards through our membership in the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC). This activity informs our product roadmaps and ensures our customers benefit from the latest technical developments.
At Envitia we are committed to continual process improvement, investment in our staff, and to supporting our industry partners. Our aim is to build lasting and productive relationships with our customers and to deliver the highest standards of service excellence. In the UK we are certified to ISO 9001:2008 and TickITplus Foundation Level and recognized as an Investor in People.
Envitia is an approved contractor under the US-UK Defense Trade Cooperation Treaty.
Who are we?
• small to medium sized business (SME) with offices in the UK and USA
• help customers in defense, government and industry to produce and use actionable geospatial intelligence
• experts in geospatial information and geospatial intelligence, geographic information systems, shared situational awareness, spatial data infrastructure (SDI) and visualization
What do we do?
• applied geospatial research and information modeling
• prototyping and experimentation
• software products using open geospatial standards
• training and support
• geospatial solutions including spatial data infrastructure (SDI), sub-systems and point solutions
• geospatial registry and catalogs
How do we do it?
• mature open source GIS components
• agile development and deployment
• recognized project management methodologies
• ‘can do’ attitude and partnership philosophy
• commercial flexibility
Who have we done work for?
• international, national and local government organizations
• primes, system integrators and OEMs
Why did they select us?
• in-depth domain expertise
• track record for delivering service quality with ingenuity and integrity
• close working relationships with customers and positive attitude
• long-term commitment to high quality support
Why do they continue?
• service excellence and integrity
• making a difference
• accountability and teamwork
• good corporate citizenship